About massage therapy
Massage is defined as the manual manipulation of soft body tissue (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance health and well-being.
Some of the general benefits of massage therapy include:
- Physical and mental relaxation
- Improve circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Relieve tight muscle and other aches and pains
- Release nerve compression (such as carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Improve flexibility and range of movement
- Enhance energy and vitality
There are now over 80 different styles of massage, many of which have been developed in the past 30 years!
Commonly known modalities can be classified under 3 categories:
- Subtle energy practices like reiki and chakra balancing
- Relaxation methods like Swedish massage
- Remedial massage therapy including but not limited to:
|– Deep tissue massage – Sports massage – Myofascial release – Manual lymphatic drainage – Trigger point therapy – Aromatherapy – Neuromuscular technique – Reflexology – Shiatsu – Muscle energy technique – Cranio sacral therapy |
At North Shore Body Balance, we specialise in remedial massage therapy.
Remedial Massage is effective in treating a wide range of conditions and ailments, such as:
- Neck and back pain
- Tension headaches
- Jaw pain
- Muscular spasms
- Tennis elbow
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Repetitive strain injury
- Chronic pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Read about different remedial massage therapy techniques offered at North Shore Body Balance.